Meets 7 p.m., third Thursdays, via Zoom. Contact Susan Davis to receive link to meeting.
Typically has 15 to 20 attendees who use direct-to-consumer (DTC) DNA tests as a genealogy research tool. Beginners are welcome.
Colonial America Brick Wall Study Group
- Jan. 21, 2021, planning meeting for 2021 topics. What would you like to learn or share?
- Feb. 18
- March 18
- April 15
- May 20
- June 17
- July 15
- Aug. 19
- Sept. 16
- Oct. 21
- Nov. 18
- Dec. 16
Meets 4 p.m., third Mondays, via Zoom.
Virtual English Genealogy Study Group
Meets quarterly via Zoom.
The Write Stuff (Genealogical Writing Study Group)
- Meets the third Wednesday of the month.
1. Our first meeting will by Monday, 9 March, from 6-8 p.m. at Penrose Library, Columbine B. The next three meetings will be 23 March (CANCELED), 6 April, and 27 April. All meeting dates are Mondays, as the day everyone said they could attend the group. All meetings will be from 6-8 p.m.
2. For the first two months (March and April), we are planning on meeting twice each month to help people really get rolling with their writing goals. Meetings are normally going to be on the third Monday of each month, which will start in May.
3. The March and April meetings are going to toggle back and forth between Penrose and East Libraries, as those were the only places we could get rooms reserved with sufficient space for the group. Starting in May, we hope to be in 21c for our meetings.
4. Remember that street meter and garage parking around the Penrose library is now paid until 10 p.m., so be prepared for that. However, if you park at the meters in either the upper or lower lots of the library, that is free after 6 p.m., so you only need to feed the meter to get to that time.
5. Meetings will start promptly at 6 p.m., so give yourself a little leeway to get to the room and settled.
6. You will receive an agenda for each meeting about 1-2 days prior to the meeting. It is up to you to bring it with you (if you want to). We will not be providing copies at the meeting.
7. Be prepared at every meeting to do skills exercises, actual writing, and/or peer review of what you are working on.
This is your group. While I and some others are acting as your facilitators, we need open, honest feedback of what you like, don't like, would like to see, etc.
Looking forward to seeing you all and having a great launch for the group.
Canada/French Canada Study Group: On Hold
Elaine is asking anyone interested in this group, which hasn't met yet, to sendher the surames, provinces, places withing provinces, and websites you've been using. She'll compile this, then send it out to the group as a starting point when it can meet.
Germany/Prussia Study Group: On Hold
Meets 4:30 - 6 p.m., second Monday of month at Library 21c. Room to be announced each month. Contact Jan Myers to be placed on mailing list. All PPGS members welcome.
The objectives of the group are to learn about the history and borders of the countries in an effort to locate research records, how to read official records, provide help in online searches, translation of records, and study of methods to break brick walls. There is even a rumor of attending an Oktoberfest later this year--strictly as an informational exercise, of course! Several speakers have been lined up to assist the group in their search efforts.