PPGS Special Interest Groups
PPGS special interest groups are open to PPGS members; guests are welcome, but if you plan to attend regularly, please join the society to support its efforts.
DNA Study Group
Meets 7 p.m., third Thursdays, The Meeting Room (basement), Old Colorado City Library, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave., Colorado Springs, CO. Some meetings this year also at Penrose Library. Free parking available.
- Jan. 17, 2019: Sharing and planning topics for 2019
- Feb. 21: Mentoring: Please bring questions and issues. [Greg Liverman, Wendy Dillenschneider, Linda Vixie, etc.]
- March 21: Solving problems with Mitochondrial DNA by Linda Vixie
- April 18, Penrose Library: Understanding the New Ethnicity Reports at Ancestry and 23andMe by Wendy Dillenschneider
- May 16: Mentoring: Please bring questions and issues. [Greg Liverman, Wendy Dillenschneider, Linda Vixie, etc.]
- June 20: GEDmatch Genesis by Greg Liverman
- July 18: Segment Triangulation by Greg Liverman
- Aug. 15: Taylor or Ferguson: A Y-DNA Case Sduy by Judy and Henry Taylor with Greg Liverman
- Sept. 19: Mentoring: Please bring your questions and issues [Greg Liverman, Wendy Dillenschneider, Linda Vixie, etc.]
- Oct. 17: Manual and Automatic Clustering Methods and Tools (Leeds Method, Genetic Affaird, DAN Gedcom, etc.) by Wendy Dillenschneider
- Nov. 21: Using X-DNA Matches by Greg Liverman